GeoTools 9.2 ReleasedThe GeoTools community is pleased to announce the availability of GeoTools 9.2 for download from SourceForge:
OSGeo Maven Repository.
Please see the Release Notes for details. This release is made in conjunction with GeoServer 2.3.2.
In addition to bug fixes:
- The application schema support (app-schema) module now enables joining support by default for data sources that support it; this improvement and many bug fixes by Rini Angreani.
- XML parser support for unsigned numeric bindings has been added by Justin Deoliveira.
- Fixed transformation problems with projections based on Hotine Oblique Mercator (variant B) (for example Swiss CH1903 / LV03)
This release was brought to you by Ben Caradoc-Davies from CSIRO.
About the 9.x SeriesHere is a summary of the new features for the GeoTools 9.x series:
- Native geometry serialisation has been added for SQL Server.
- Feature Collection Clean up: removed methods that were only applicable for in memory feature collections, combined with a general quality assurance review.
- Vector Grid module is now included as an extension.
- The gt-complex module provides general programming support for complex features.
- Library supports the use of Java 7 try-with-resource syntax.
- PostGIS, Oracle and Property files now provide Partial 3D data support backed by the introduction of ReferenceEnvelope3D.
- WMS 1.3.0 client support now enabled by default.
- OGC models and XML support for WCS 2.0 and OWS 2.0.
For more information on GeoTools 9.x series
- GeoTools 9.1 Released ( Release Notes )
- GeoTools 9.0 Released ( Release Notes )
- GeoTools 9.0-RC1 Released ( Release Notes )
- GeoTools 9.0-beta1 Released ( Release Notes )
- GeoTools 9.0-M0 Released ( Release Notes )
Getting Started with GeoTools
GeoTools is an Open Source Geospatial Foundation project helping Java developers work with geospatial data. For a complete list of features please see the project overview included in our documentation.
If you would like to get started with GeoTools a Quickstart is available (covering Eclipse, NetBeans and command line Maven use). Additional tutorials and build instructions are included in the user guide.
GeoTools 9.x is the current stable series with a release scheduled each month. This level of service is part of our six month timed release cycle. We are always interested in volunteers - if you are in position to assist please stop by geotools-devel and lend a hand.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of GeoTools please review the upgrade instructions, as there has been some API changes around the use of FeatureCollection and ReferencedEnvelope.
Thanks for using GeoTools!